Hi! I’m Lyndsay Almeida, a lifestyle photographer based in sunny North Florida. My blog is full of photoshoots, crafty projects, outfit posts, photography tips, and rambles about my family and faith.
If we're going to be blog friends here are a few more things you should know:
I love Jesus Christ and strive to live a life that honors Him. My husband, Anderson, and I have the cutest little boy (Kingston Rock) in the world. It's true. There was a scientific study, and he won. I adore our little family!
I started Pink Coffee Photo five years ago; and as you can see, bright colors (and coffee) make me a happy girl!
Thrift stores are my favorite places to shop, and most of my "down time" is spent making crafty DIY projects.
Check out some of my favorite post categories on the right.
I’m so excited for my friend Danielle who is opening her online boutique, Shop Dandy, today!
I recently did a promo shoot for her new site and was drooling over all of the cute dresses and jewelry she’s selling.
There’s a leopard print dress and some necklaces that I must have, so if you’ll excuse me… I’m off to shop!
We went to Mochi over the weekend for a little after-dinner-snack, and they just happened to be having their 3rd anniversary party. So we stepped right up to the purple carpet and had our picture taken like the true VIPs we are.
- Anderson is growing his hair out and on at least two occasions I’ve heard variations of this from the bathroom: “My hair is doing some really cool stuff lately.” Yes, Love. Yes it is.
- Praying for really specific things and seeing God answer. Is there anything better than that?!
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
- Getting away and doing absolutely nothing at the lake last week. Nothing! Well, I did read a book and a magazine. I consider that productive.
- Trying to get Kingston to eat some pasta one night, and he pretended to eat it. Like fork-to-mouth and fake chewing. The whole thing. And when he dropped it on the floor it was no big deal, because my parents’ dog was there to eat every bit of it. Not so good was when we tried it again at our house, and there was no dog to eat the large piles on pasta on the floor. Boo.
- When I picked Kingston up from church nursery last week a lady said, “Wow. He really knows how to work an iPhone. He was showing us all kinds of stuff.” I said, “Oh no! I’m so embarrassed.” But then as I was walking away I turned and said, “Wait, no I’m not.” I mean why should I be? Clearly he just saw an iPhone for the first time and knew what to do. He’s obviously gifted.
- Speaking of nursery. My child hates being dropped off. I usually make Anderson do it. The teachers in his class refer to him as a Stage 4 Clinger. As in, “Brace yourselves people. We have a Stage 4 Clinger on our hands.” I hate it, but as soon as we walk away I’m okay. I guess he is too.
- Going to a restaurant that we frequent very often and having every worker who spoke to me mention that they would MAKE SURE my meal didn’t have any lettuce. One girl even came to our table and said it with a fearful look in her eye. I guess it’s because last time Anderson went for take-out I sent him a text saying if they put lettuce on my enchilada I’d kill their mothers, and HE SHOWED IT TO THEM. Who does that?! But really, what can I say? There’s nothing more disgusting that wilted lettuce.
- I think it’s really cute that Kingston has mannerisms from both me and Anderson. The problem is that most of the cute stuff he does resembles Anderson, and most of the demon-child stuff he does is totally me. How annoying is that? But I’ve quit throwing myself on the floor in public now that I know how ridiculous it looks. So… that’s a good thing.
We’ve been playing a new game in the kitchen this week.
This little guy says, “Hide? Hide?” then runs to the kitchen and disappears into a cabinet.
Once he’s all folded up inside he yells, “Bye-bye. See ya!”
We act like we have no idea where he is and walk around calling his name.
That’s when he pops out and “scares us”.
And he’s always so proud of himself.
We LOVE this game!
I loved getting to work with this Texas-based family again while they were on their annual Florida vacation! Last time we were together Brett was graduating from high school, so he was in the spotlight. This time it was Mackenzie’s turn! We used the opportunity to get some updated family shots too. I love their laid-back, effortless style. Of course when I told them this they were like, “Who, us?” Ha! Such fun people. Now that everyone is finished with senior pics we have to come up with an excuse for another shoot…