We took a long weekend trip to Savannah with some great friends who just happen to be the perfect travel companions. It was a business trip for them; and a play trip for us! We stayed in a really cool place and just enjoyed exploring the old city for a few days. One of my favorite things about Savannah was the contrast between the way the city felt during the day and in the evening. We walked around late one night and experienced the buzz that comes from music spilling out of restaurants doors onto the streets. Then the next morning got up early and enjoyed the quiet, peaceful moments before the rest of the city woke up. Our friends are Savannah experts and made sure we saw everything we could pack into three days. Here are just a few of my favorites from the trip:
– Forsyth Park (and all 357 squares) :)
– Music and Dancing at City Market
– Tybee Island
– The Forsyth Farmer’s Market – It put the Brooklyn Flea to shame! The area just south of the park was my favorite part of Savannah.
– The Mansion on Forsyth Park – This is a “sister” hotel to the one where we recently stayed in St. Augustine.
– The Parker’s Market Urban Gourmet - We made a few too may trips here. And I enjoyed each one!
– Exploring the Historic District with no maps or GPS. It’s a beautiful place to get lost!
– River Street at night
While we were wandering around, I started taking pictures of doors and couldn’t stop. I’m weird. You can thank me later for only including a few!